Transitioning to adulthood can be hard. Especially if you have or are at risk of developing a behavioral health challenge. Transition age youth (16-25 years olds) face many different barriers on the road to adulthood. TAYLRD is here to help!!!
Transition Age Youth Launching Realized Dreams (TAYLRD) is a federally funded initiative aimed to positively impact the lives of Kentucky’s 16-25 year olds who have, or are at-risk of developing, behavioral health challenges.
By improving access to culturally- and developmentally-appropriate supports and services across the state, TAYLRD hopes that all young people in the state of Kentucky can access a seemless array of high-quality services that will help them achieve their goals and reach adulthood successfully.
TAYLRD has 5 main goals….
- An enhanced infrastructure of sustainable supports and services for transition age youth
- More public awareness of signs and symptoms for serious behavioral health challenges facing young people and the developmentally appropriate responses to those challenges.
- Increased outreach and engagement to youth, youth adults, and their families by service providing agencies.
- Improved access to service for young adults that meet cultural and linguistic needs.
- A Continuous quality improvement system, which includes data collection that improves the service that Kentucky’s young people receive.
Our spaces are co-designed with young people to be fun, comfortable, and safe; that is why they offer so many cool things!
- Free Snacks
- Computer Lab
- Pool Table
- Video Games
- Goal Setting
- Peer Support
- Case Management
- Employment/Education Services
- Connections to Resources
- And More!!!